"La poésie doit être faite par tous. Non par un."
"Poetry must be made by all. Not by one."
1. "Everyone should write poetry."
|Earl the Squirrel's Rule #58|
|Earl the Squirrel's Rule #50|
|Earl the Squirrel's Rule #19|
Award results surprise us. Without an audience--sophisticated or not--there can be no datum, no measure, no contemporary prosody. Isn't that the perfect environment for "poets" who have no interest in poetry?
|Earl the Squirrel's Rule #43|
In short, many "poets" can't imagine an audience, let alone serve one.
2. "It takes a village to create a poem."
|Earl the Squirrel's Rule #22|
- "Poetry is a verdict, not a claim." - Leonard Cohen.
- "To have great poets, there must be great audiences too." - Walt Whitman.
- "Most people ignore most poetry because most poetry ignores most
people." - Adrian Mitchell
Your feedback is appreciated!
Please feel free to comment or ask questions below or, failing that, mark the post as "funny", "interesting", "silly" or "dull".
If you would like to contact us confidentially or blog here as "Gray for a Day" please use the box below, marking your post as "Private" and including your email address; the moderator will bring your post to our attention and prevent it from appearing publicly.
We look forward to hearing from you.