Earl Gray

Earl Gray
"You can argue with me but, in the end, you'll have to face that fact that you're arguing with a squirrel." - Earl Gray

Monday, April 21, 2014

"Experts"

Earl the Squirrel's Rule #38
    As you know, the word "geek" is not a pejorative to me.  I worked most of my life to earn this badge of honor.

    Recently, I saw a group of my fellow nerds, all of whom should know better, try to pass off celebrated credentials as an argument. 

   "So-and-so said it so it must be true!"

    This wasn't just lame.  It was from where lame crawls off to die.  I won't ask what happens if someone comes up with a conflicting source (and they will).

    Ask yourself this:  How bad must an "authority" be if none of his or her intelligent students/fans/readers can cogently present any of the things taught to them?

    Please understand two things:

1.  Squirrels don't live forever; and,

2.  If any of you ever presents "Because Earl said so" as a complete explanation or defense, know that I will track you to the ends of the earth and haunt you for all eternity.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and questions are welcome.